Huge news! BCUK's very own Debbie King is taking on the challenge of a lifetime this November!
Debbie is going to take part in a 100km trek across the Sahara Desert with Tribal Tracks in aid of Nugent - https://wearenugent.org/fundraising/sahara-desert-trek/
Nugent Care is an incredible organisation and one of the oldest social care charities in the North West. It is a wonderful charity that cares for, educates, and protects vulnerable children, young people, and adults through their schools, care homes, and community and social work services.
Debbie’s exciting itinerary includes:
- Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
- Trek between 12-30km per day, a total of 100km;
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire;
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement
This is going to be an exciting and challenging experience, so #TeamBCUK will be supporting Debbie all the way with training and fundraising. We already have a team hike planned and a raffle with lots of great prizes! If you'd like to support #DebbiesDesertTrek you can donate here https://localgiving.org/fundraising/debbies-desert-trek/